Ocean Reef is seeking energetic individuals looking to enter the fast-paced and highly rewarding career field of Property Maintenance. The goal of our entire Guest Services team is to surpass every one of our guests' expectations by providing exceptional customer service. This Maintenance Runner position puts you on the front line and enables you to impact the overall mission at hand directly. Your primary role will be Your primary role is to maintain properties in a small geographical area. You will be called upon to deliver items, conduct essential property inspections, and perform routine light maintenance duties.
Why be a Maintenance Runner at Ocean Reef
A career in the world of hospitality can be extremely rewarding. Ocean Reef is a dynamic company that blazes its own path and continually leads the industry through a balance of tried-and-true methods and cutting-edge innovation. As a Maintenance Runner, you will be on the front lines, directly improving the guest experience by coming to the rescue, diagnosing urgent issues, and helping support the Guest Services team.
What we're looking for
We are looking for solution-oriented individuals who are task-driven, focused, and handy to help us serve our guests and maintain our extensive and growing portfolio of vacation homes & condos.
What you'll do
- Expect the unexpected, no day is the same, and it will be spent traveling in a small geographic area, performing basic maintenance and tasks in our homes. Flexibility and adaptability are a must.
- Remove trash and leftover items from homes.
- Use your basic knowledge of maintenance tasks such as hanging pictures, fixing blinds, and changing light-bulbs.
- Bring your skills and interest to learn home repairs, including appliance, cable/wifi, basic HVAC systems, and light plumbing troubleshooting.
- Correspond regularly via email and phone with dispatch.
This individual will have:
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid Insurance
- A Fully Functional Vehicle
Skills you'll need
- Finding Solutions: The best defense is a good offense. Ocean Reef has developed a time-tested management program. When things happen, we have a solution. Over time you'll learn to use our resources to the highest level of hospitality possible in every situation.
- Attitude is Everything: Being accessible at non-traditional working hours is a must. Vacations don't happen from 9-5. You will be working weekends and holidays to ensure guests can be accommodated at all times.
- Communications: You will be our professional liaison between vacationing guests, housekeepers, in-house and outsourced vendors, but most importantly, our property owners. You will need to use proper communications in person, via email, and most often on the phone.
- Technology: Ocean Reef uses a sophisticated yet straightforward maintenance management app that sets us apart from the competition. The app connects to every facet of our company.
- Leader Mentality: In the position of Maintenance Runner, you will need to make quick, accurate decisions and solve problems in real-time. You'll need to keep a cool head in difficult situations and always maintain a positive attitude as you interact with a host of other individuals.
- Growing Together: It is our policy that every team member should have an equal voice in how to make our business better. We ask that when you see an opportunity to make the owner or guest experience better, you make your ideas known - our company must continue to evolve to be relevant, and you are a big part of that.
- Organization: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day-to-day and minute-by-minute basis. At Ocean Reef, we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities and kick into action with your organizational skills to manage the workload.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
What you'll get
- Starting at $43,550 to $48,490 (full time + overtime)
- Includes a vehicle allowance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Provided lunch & snacks
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Employee discounts
- Great colleagues and culture