The ideal candidate for a Vacation Planner on the Ocean Reef Reservations Team is self-motivated and service-oriented. The goal of this department is to create vacation memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. We’re seeking individuals with energy, effort, and optimism. In this capacity, you will be fielding calls from guests and helping them select their ideal vacation rental. They will rely on your expertise of the area as well as amenities, dining options, and activities available to them.
Why be a Vacation Planner at Ocean Reef
In Destin & South Walton (30A), travel is big business. It's an exciting, rapidly evolving career field that promises to keep you engaged and fulfilled. Ocean Reef is a dynamic company that blazes its own path and continually leads the industry through a balance of tried-and-true methods and cutting-edge innovation. As a Vacation Planner, you will be on the front lines as a proud ambassador of our company and the liaison between guests and our properties.
What we're looking for
Ocean Reef is seeking hard-working, energetic employees to help us serve our guests and maintain our extensive and growing portfolio of vacation homes & condos.
What you'll do
A skilled Vacation Planner, you will assist guests in booking and planning the ultimate beach vacation. This is accomplished through multiple platforms such as live chats, emails, and phone conversations. You may also assist guests who have existing reservations, help troubleshoot any issues, answer questions, and make sure the guest has an easy, fun, and unforgettable stay!
This individual will:
- Be at the forefront of the company working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as the go-to person for our guests and, occasionally, our owners.
- Be responsible for taking incoming phone calls, making outbound calls as needed, and responding to emails or chats daily from both existing and potential guests who have questions or concerns.
- Collect and process payments for reservations with outstanding balances, reservations not paid at the time of online booking, declined credit cards, etc.
- On occasion, interact with a homeowner either over the phone or through email who may have questions about a reservation, statement, or other concerns.
Skills you'll need
- Previous travel or industry-related experience and bilingual skills are a plus but are not required.
- Requires ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to support the needs of the business
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Engage with our guests and owners in a way that enhances their experience.
- Communicate in a positive, professional, empathetic, and "customer-centric" manner both over the phone, email, and chat
- Use appropriate spelling, punctuation, and grammar in all written communication skills.
- Listen attentively and ask probing questions to clarify the problem/concern at hand.
- Embrace and adopt change in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of the team.
- Multi-task, prioritize, and use a variety of systems and tools.
- Be open to coaching and feedback.
- Perform other related roles and responsibilities as assigned or required in response to business need.
What you'll get
- Starting at $37,050 to $49,790/yr (full time + standard overtime)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Lunch provided
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employee discounts
- Great colleagues and culture